Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to ship my items?
Our prices include free standard shipping on all items!
Occasionally our shipping company will require extra fees for certain difficult delivery locations. In most cases, we will cover these fees as well. In some cases we may contact you for additional fees or give you the option to cancel your order.
Why are some items only in stock for some states?
Some of our suppliers limit the shipping distance for some items to ensure that they arrive in great shape. For heavier items, shipping longer distances increases the chance of damage to the product during shipping.
Do you offer installation services?
Please see our Installation Services Page for more information.
Can I finance my purchase?
Please see our Financing Page for more information.
Do I need a building permit?
We strongly encourage you to contact your local building department and HOA to determine whether any permits or approvals are required for your specific installation.
We have a few more pointers on our Before You Purchase Page that you might want to check out.
My Item is out of stock! When will it be back in stock?
We are happy to contact you with updates when your item is back in stock! Use the Alert Me button on the product page to sign up for an email notification when the product is back in stock.
Of course you can always call us at 888-648-5333 any time to discuss the specific product you are interested in. We're happy to discuss your needs and explore any possible alternatives for you.
Where do you ship? Do you ship to my country?
We ship anywhere within the Contiguous United States.
Do you price match?
Yes, we have more information about this on our Price Match Page.
Can I return my item? What about exchanges?
Please refer to our Refund Policy Page for details of our return policy.
When will my order ship?
As a rough estimate for your planning, these are the shipping times we have been seeing recently for in stock products:
Arrow Storage Products: 1 week
DuraMax Building Products: 3-5 business days
Frame It All: 5 business days
Gardenigloo USA: 2-4 business days
Harvest Right freeze dryers: 6-8 weeks
Harvest Right accessories: 3 weeks
Margaritaville: 1 week
Palram - Canopia: 1-3 business days
Quik Shade: 5 business days
RIO: 1 week
Riverstone: 1 week
ShelterLogic: 1 week
Solexx: 5 business days
Sojag: 1 week
How big of a shed do I need to store my ATV? Does it make sense to store my four wheeler in a shed?
If you will be storing some bulky items in your shed, such as motorcycles or an ATV, we recommend a shed at least 10 x 10 feet. Keeping your four wheeler out of the cold and snow in the winter is a good idea. And overall, protecting your quad from dust and bad weather will keep it in better shape, longer. A shed for your ATV can be an economical and convenient way to store it when you don't have the space in your garage.
An example might be the DuraMax Woodbridge Plus.
Do you take PayPal?
Where are you located?
We are located in Atlanta, Georgia. We ship (free!) to all 48 contiguous US states.
How much food can be freeze dried with each batch in our Harvest Right home freeze dryers?
4-7 lbs. of fresh food will fit in our small freeze dryer. That amount of food will typically fill 1.0 to 1.5 gallons (1 to 1.5 #10 cans) of food per batch. It is not uncommon for customers to freeze dry 900 lbs. of fresh food in just 1 year.
7-10 pounds of fresh food will fit in our standard size freeze dryer. That amount of food will typically fill 1.5 to 2.5 gallons (1.5 to 2.5 #10 cans) of food per batch. It is not uncommon for customers to freeze dry 1,500 lbs. of fresh food in just 1 year.
12-16 pounds of fresh food will fit in our large freeze dryer. That amount of food will typically fill 3.5 gallons (3.5 #10 cans) of food per batch. It is not uncommon for customers to freeze dry 2,200 lbs. of fresh food in just 1 year.
30-35 pounds per batch will fit into our extra large freeze dryer. Freeze dry 5,000 pounds of fresh food per year. In a year's time, you can freeze dry 1,200 gallons of food.
How should I estimate the snow load I need when I buy a shed? How much does snow weigh?
As a basic rule of thumb, typical snow weighs approximately 15 pounds per cubic foot, or 1.25 pounds per inch of depth.
Depending on moisture content and compaction, a cubic foot of snow can weigh from as little as 5-7 pounds for dry light fluffy snow, to 12-16 pounds for fresh wet snow, to 20 pounds or more for drifted compacted snow. NOTE: Any ice build-up on the roof would need to be added to these weights.
In some cases you may be able to brace the roof of your shed if needed, with e.g. 2x4's cut to support the roof ridge.
We recommend removing snow from your shed roof immediately, rather than waiting for it to build up. You should check and remove snow at least daily as needed during the snow season.
What is polycarbonate anyway? What are the advantages and disadvantages of polycarbonate?
Polycarbonate, also sometimes known as Lexan, is a particular group of thermoplastic polymers that has many superior features in comparison with glass as well as with other polymers such as acrylic (Plexiglass). For example it is half the weight and 250 times stronger than typical glass, making it impact resistant and virtually unbreakable.
Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of polycarbonate.
- Polycarbonate panels are virtually unbreakable. This makes the material safer for many applications, especially when younger children or the elderly are involved. They are also highly resistant to vandalism or accidental breakage. This makes polycarbonate a great material for shelters, bike sheds, signs, and marine glazing. This is why modern sunglasses, bulletproof glass, DVDs, Blu-ray discs, computer cases, phone cases, and so on are often polycarbonate.
- Polycarbonate can be flame and fire resistant and even fire retardant. Unlike acrylic sheets, flame retardant polycarbonate will not burn with an open flame and can actually be self-extinguishing. Polycarbonate's speed or quantity of smoke is absent or very low. Polycarbonate produces very little flaming droplets, which contribute to the spread of fire by igniting other surfaces.
- Hard wearing, polycarbonate has a long service life. At the end of that life, the panels are fully recyclable.
- Polycarbonate retains heat very well and so is ideal for greenhouses. A polycarbonate greenhouse creates an optimal microclimate for your plants.
- Polycarbonate is light weight, making assembly and relocation of your kit much easier.
- Polycarbonate is easy to process and machine. It is processed similarly to acrylic sheet. Acrylic can melt if machined at too high a speed, but there is no chance of this with polycarbonate.
- Polycarbonate can be sawn, milled, engraved, drilled, bent (hot), glued, and polished in the same way as acrylic sheet.
- Polycarbonate panels have great optical clarity, yet protect everything inside a greenhouse from harmful UV rays, including shelving, plants, tools, and your skin.
- Polycarbonate is not resistant to scratches. If a branch should happen to fall on a patio canopy made of polycarbonate, it may be scratched.
- This can be corrected somewhat by polishing the polycarbonate.
- Polycarbonate expands 0.065 mm per meter per degree Celsius. This has to be accounted for during manufacturing, and also when designing a structure so mounting holes or slide-channels are wide enough to prevent hardware from sticking as the panel expands and contrast. Any glue or sealant used on polycarbonate must be flexible.
- Polycarbonate can yellow when exposed to UV over time.
How are FREIGHT/LTL shipments delivered?
LTL freight shipments are delivered in what is called "curbside delivery." The carrier will deliver the shipment / pallet(s) to your curbside. This is generally the end of your driveway or entry. The freight carrier is not responsible for bringing the pallet up your drive way or onto your property in any way. They definitely are not responsible for bringing the order inside or to the backyard or garage! For large heavy shipments, you need to be prepared to remove the materials from the pallet and move them as desired.
We have seen cases where the delivery driver was very courteous and helped move the pallet out of the street with the help of a hand truck. This is not necessarily to be expected. Especially on larger orders that cannot be moved so easily!
You MAY be able to negotiate additional services with the carrier or driver, such as 'white glove' or 'inside' delivery options, at your own expense.
Why do I have to pick a shipping region based on my state for some products while shopping?
Part of keeping costs low to bring you the best prices is for us to minimize the distance certain heavy products have to be shipped. By selecting a region on the product page that matches your shipping address state, we can show you accurate inventory counts for the warehouses for that region. This minimizes shipping costs, maximizes delivery speed, and minimizes the chance of shipping damage.